Opening the Great Heart: Bhakti, Tantra, and Christ Consciousness
A three-day workshop which is part of the Bhakti Fest yoga festival in Joshua Tree, California
September 10, 2017, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
In this workshop, we will:
· explore the importance of the heart in eastern and western spiritual traditions through engaging the stories and scriptures of Hinduism, Judaism, and mystical Christianity;
· learn how to access this deep center of the heart, and experience the unconditional love of mystical union, through a guided meditation enhanced with music and breath work;
· examine tantric physiology and how the Great Heart serves as our center of synthesis;
· use bija (seed) mantras coupled with tantric breath practice to help initiate the opening of the heart; and
· practice guided meditations to learn how to channel the divine energy of love in the Great Heart to heal traumas lodged in our bodies and how to love our neighbors as ourselves.
Cost: included with admission to Bhakti Fest festival
Register: to register for Bhakti Fest, visit http://west.bhaktifest.com/ at a later date.
James Reho hosts a three-day workshop, titled “Listening for the Divine Heartbeat: An Immersion in Celtic Spirituality,” November 17-19 at Bethesda-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, Palm Beach, FL.